This is one of my favorite soups that I have a hard time finding at restaurants. This is probably not the most authentic recipe, some of them call for half beef/chorizo which would be way overpowering and fatty. But this came out perfectly IMHO and only took 10 min to cook in my Instant Pot!!
- I used ground turkey instead of beef.
- Subbed peas, corn, zucchini for the green beans
- I added 1/2 tsp cumin and more cayenne, chili powder, salt to spice it up.
- Will add avocados next time, per my brother's suggestion.
- To make it in the Instant pot, follow all the directions, add meatballs etc then cook on high pressure for 10 min
More info: Classic Mexican soup made with meatballs (albondigas), green beens, onions, and chicken stock. A family favorite.
Find it here: SimplyRecipes.com